There have been very few burials in St. Mary's Churchyard since the 1920's due to lack of space. All burials since then have taken place in the Public Cemetery at the back of the church, which is administered by Tandridge Council. The public cemetery is now full (March 2011) and further burials will be carried out elsewhere.
In recent years, ashes have been interred in the church graveyard, mainly in the Garden of Remembrance which is at the back of the church (among the existing graves). There are also several memorial trees, which are indicated by adjacent memorial plaques. The memorials in both St. Mary's and St. Lawrence's churchyards are listed in the Book of Remembrance and include buried Urns of Ashes, trees and benches.
The buttons below will take you to alphabetical lists of all the known burials in the graveyard, including name and date where known. The list also indicates roughly where the grave is on the matrix plan of the churchyard (not to scale) shown below.
Several graves have been covered up due to the addition of the Church Hall (shaded area on the right)
and the St. Paul's Centre extension and its approaches (shaded area on the left).