St. Mary's has an active entertainments program, and the opportunities to enjoy ourselves recently have included:
- A Christmas Pantomime each January, 2004-2006 and then every 2 years.
- The professional entertainments group, Rascal Productions, visited us in March 2006 with their presentation "The Selfish Giant", which was based on the children's story by Oscar Wilde. This was followed by a hot supper.
This was the fourth show they have brought to us, and all have been enjoyable. For the children, this latest show was as good as a panto.
- On 27-January, 2007, The Silhouette Theatre Company presented "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn", which is based on "The Wind in the Willows".
They visited us again on 8th March 2008 with their offering, "The Happy Prince".
In December 2010 they presented their version of A Christmas Carol, which was greatly enjoyed by all those who braved the snowy conditions!
Most recently, in June 2011, they presented a modern mystery play, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, which was generally thought to be their best, and funniest, yet.
- A Barn Dance with sausage'n'chips supper, usually in April.
- The annual May Fayre in the church and grounds.
- A Parish Bar-B-Q in July. This used to be in the Rectory garden, but was moved to St. Lawrence's Church some years ago due to the inclement weather. The move was so successful that similar events are now held at the same venue.
- A Team Outing to Little Gidding in July 2007.
- A Zimbabwe evening in March 2010, with lively African music. Tagine wraps, salad and pudding followed a special Zimbabwe service.
- A Bring-and-Share Lunch after the Patronal Festival Eucharist in September.
- The Harvest Supper in October.
In 2008 this included some entertainment by members of the congregation. In 2009 it was combined with a quiz evening.
There are also regular events run by non-church groups that use the St. Mary's premises. Details here.